Luke repeatedly requested a dolphin-themed party. Well, Google dolphin parties and you'll find that there isn't much. Plus, I knew that if we did goldfish I could incorporate the orange ... so that's what we did, with a few dolphin touches :). To set the tone for the day Luke woke to a dolphin waiting outside his bedroom door.
Perhaps my favorite part of the day was watching Luke on our video monitor in the morning when he first woke up, before he ever even opened his bedroom door. He had been so excited leading up to his birthday and knew that I had bought a special shirt for his birthday party. It was placed at the very bottom of his t-shirt drawer and I figured he forgot about it. Well, that morning we heard him awake and watched on the monitor as he jumped out of bed, took off his pjs, and dug the shirt out of his drawer ... so very excited to get his 4th birthday underway :). I snapped a few photos of the birthday guy in his shirt before I headed out to get everything ready for the party.
Luke's party was held at one of his favorite places: The San Jose Country Club pool.






Luke invited his best pals - Jack and Christopher, as well as several friends from school, and our new neighborhood friends. It was a perfect day for our boy filled with friends, swimming, treats, lunch, cupcakes, and sunshine. All of his most favorite things.
Luke also made sure to display his newest "trick": jumping off of the diving board without any floatation device and then swimming over to Paw. He is very proud and is now working towards making a cannon ball :)
Luke joined in when everyone sang happy birthday ... such a precious boy! He absolutely loved his yummy cupcake.
What a perfect party for our favorite four year old! Happy Birthday, Luke. We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment